Home-made pesto is simple and cheap to make. Yes store bought sauces are easier, but this recipe has no added sugar, and contains a lot less oil than most ready-made varieties. Plus it tastes so much better when made with fresh ingredients!
- 2-3 cups basil (depends on how ‘green’ you like it)
- 1 cup parsley
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/3 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup Grana Padano
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- Fresh lemon juice (~1 tbsp)
- Generous pinch of salt & pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor, and pulse until smooth.
- Store in an airtight jar in the fridge for up to 5 days, or pour into ice-cube trays and freezer for easy to use individual portions